During the 66th annual IAA Cars Frankfurt Auto Show in Germany from September 17th – 27th of 2015, BMW featured a list of new-generation and top-notched model lineups in the show.
Featured BMW Models in the 66th Annual IAA Cars Frankfurt Auto Show
- 7 Series
- 3 Series
- M6 GT3
- M6 Coupe Competition Edition
Setup in Hall 11 next to the main entrance of the Frankfurt exhibition site, BMW showcased a joint presentation with MINI and Rolls-Royce brands which were both subsidiaries of BMW.
If you happened to fly to Frankfurt Airport for the auto show, you might have gotten a glimpse of the BMW’s latest marketing campaign for the all-new 7 Series. BMW released what was considered to be the world’s largest poster at 146 meters (approx. 479 feet) long and 206 meters (approx. 675 feet) wide. The iconic double-kidney grills from the new 7 Series with active air flap control was featured in the poster.
The New Luxurious BMW 7 Series
BMW 7 Series Key Upgrades
- Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) in body structure
- Engines from the BMW Group’s new generation of power units
- Plug-in hybrid system for the new BMW 740e
- Executive Drive Proactive chassis system
- Driving Experience Control switch with ADAPTIVE mode
- BMW Laserlight
BMW 7-Series New Interior Features
- Touch display of the iDrive with BMW gesture control
- Touch Command for controlling comfort
- Infotainment functions in the near compartment
- Remote Control Parking system
- Crossing traffic warning
- Steering and lane control assistant
- Active side collision protection
- Surround View system with 3D view
- Panorama View of the car
The New Urban BMW X1
“Powerful proportions and clean lines in styling” are some of the new qualities you can find in the new second-generation BMW X1.
Interior of the BMW X1
- More space for both passengers and luggage
- Premium ambiance
Performance and Technology Highlights of the BMW X1
- Petrol and diesel engines
- All-wheel drive system
- Increased sportiness and ride comfort
- Full-LED headlights
- Dynamic Damper Control
- Information on head-up display projected the same windscreen as the larger X models
- Driving Assistant Plus
The New Top-Selling BMW 3 Series
With an astounding 14 million 3 series sold to date, the most popular model sets new standards for efficiency and design in both the new BMW 3 Series Sedan and the 3 Series Touring.
The hybrid BMW 330e Sedan line-up is expected to join the BMW family with the 2016 model year.
Features of the New BMW 330e Sedan
- Plug –in hybrid with eDrive technology
- Four-cylinder petrol unit with BMW Group’s newest engine
- 252 HP
- Average fuel consumption of 134.5 to 148.7 MPG
The New Versatile BMW 225xe
The BMW 2 Series 225xe Active Tourer features a plug-in hybrid variant for the spring of 2016 release.
BMW 225 Key Highlights
- BMW EfficientDynamics
- All-wheel-drive performance
- Generous space in compact vehicle size
- 1.5-liter three-cylinder petrol engine
- BMW TwinPower Turbo technology
- All-electric driving
- All-weather traction
- Maximum electric range of 41 km (about 25 miles)
- Rear wheels with electric motor and front wheels with combustion engine
- 165 HP
- Average fuel consumption from 134.5 mpg to 141.2 mpg
The New Racing Sensation – M6 GT3
The BMW M6 GT3 is the new flagship model built for endurance racing. It is scheduled to debut in 2016. Imagine pushing the speed limit in one of these bad boys at your local race track.
The M6 GTW New Technologies
- Aerodynamically optimized chassis
- V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo
- Crash structures and outer skin made of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP)
- Lightweight design (below 1,300 kg which is equivalent to 2,866 lbs)
The New M6 Coupe Competition Edition
The BMW M6 Coupe built in conjunction with Competition Package represents “exceptional individuality, thanks to its special paintwork colors, components made of high-tech carbon fiber, fine leathers with coordinated contrast stitching, and a range of unusual details.”
The M6 Coupe Specifications
- 4.4-liter V8 petrol engine
- M TwinPower Turbo technology
- 600 HP
- Peak torque of 516 lb-ft
- When combined with optional Driver’s Package 190 mph top speed can be achieved
BMW Laserlight Increased Safety When Driving in Dark
First premiered in the BMW i8, the BMW Laserlights with anti-dazzle High Beam Technology drastically increases safety when driving in the dark. The pair of special Angel Eyes was first made available in the BMW 7 Series in the European market.
The BMW Laserlights can detect other road-users and selectively exclude them from the high-beam headlight distribution. The Beams ranges over 400 meters (approx. 1,312 feet) and ensures early detection of collision risks and improves directional tracking. The Adaptive LED Headlights or the Adaptive Headlights is a required addition to the anti-dazzle High-Beam Assistant.